Nepal Film Shooting License & Permits
A general permit requires to film in Nepal. Permission is granted by the Ministry of Information and Communication. They will require you to complete an application form in accordance with the Film (Production, Exhibition; Distribution) Rules, 2026 B.E.
The following information will be required to complete this application:
- Applicant’s full name, nationality, home address, Passport No. issuing office stamp; date and temporary address in Nepal.
- If the applicant is an organization or company; its name, registration number, date and office address is required.
- Information regarding the proposed film’s name (title), type (genre), Language and technology (format) should be included.
- A full list of all technicians and artists visiting Nepal including their full names, nationalities, professional status, copy of passport and temporary addresses in Nepal. On the part of Nepali artistes and technicians, quote the number required.
- Name of storywriter and if the story was published, the publisher’s name. Also the song writer (lyricist’s) name is required.
- Consent letter from story and song writers or his/her heir.
- Synopsis of the story or storyboard.
- Specify whether the name of the film coincides with any film already produced or proposed.
- State approximate cost of the film, aim of film production, and any other relevant matters.
- A complete list of all filmmaking equipment being temporarily imported into Nepal, along with list of row stock / tapes etc.
- Type of proposed film (Feature, Newsreel, Documentary or TV. production, etc.)
- A list of the locations you wish to film in Nepal.
- Proposed date of commencement of filming and duration.
- Full details of the sequences to be photographed in Nepal.